The site is a 1.926 acre tract mixed-use opportunity at thinkEAST with 200’+ frontage on Shady Lane near Govalle Park in the heart of the creative hub of Central Austin. Zoned LO-MU with relaxed compatibility requirements, for up to 58,000 SF and three stories of building area.
The ImagineAustin comprehensive planning initiative has identified the immediate surrounding area as a “Neighborhood Center,” recognizing the area’s significance in the broader context of the Austin Metro area and it’s potential for immediate growth and development. Conveniently located between ABIA and the central business district, with easy access to existing and planned major transportation corridors, the property is uniquely well-situated to take advantage of the best that Austin has to offer, present and future.
Planned public improvements include:
- Austin Energy Community Solar Array: will offer low-cost renewable energy to neighborhood businesses
- CapMetro Green Line: A proposed commuter rail route from Downtown to Elgin, with a high-capacity stop located less than 1/4 mile from the property.
- Airport Boulevard improvements: increased capacity, bike/pedestrian safety, and improved traffic flow.
- “Rail Trail”: a paved bicycle-dedicated route along the Green Line rail, connecting the existing Walnut Creek Trail to Downtown.
- Govalle Park Bond: $3.5m dedicated to park facility improvements, passed and now in the planning stages, with implementation expected in 2018.